The September 23rd final HIPAA compliance deadline is quickly approaching. As I wrote last week, it is imperative that “all healthcare providers, hospitals, health plans, other entities and businesses who provide services and share protected health information (PHI) must comply with the new rules. Those who are not in compliance by September 23rd will open themselves up to the possibility of receiving up to a $1.5 million fine per violation”.
There are many compliance companies working hard to help everyone get ready for the deadline. In order to help you gain compliance, Clearwater Compliance, is offering complimentary webinars to explain the steps needed to meet the requirements of the new HIPAA Omnibus Rule.
Tomorrow, Septemeber 19th, the first webinar in their series will explain, “How To Conduct a Bona Fide HIPAA Security Risk Analysis”. This is the first step toward compliance.
Their agenda includes:
- Bona Fide Risk Analysis essentials.
- Specific requirements outlined in HHS/OCR Final Guidance.
- A Practical Risk Analysis Methodology.
- Step-by-Step Instructions to complete a HIPAA Risk Analysis.
- Tools, templates and forms available to help.